Thursday, February 4, 2010

return to Skype


So Andy flew home today. There he sits on the West coast in balmy sunshine while I'm left behind in the dismal depths of winter, wrapped in blankets, a sad substitute for him. Feeling sorry for myself? Yeah, a little bit.

But I was the first one he called when his plane landed today. He wanted me to know he was alright...and that he loved me and missed me terribly. I smiled. I invited him to turn around and fly back to me.

I found myself anxiously driving home from work anticipating a Skype call with him. As if I hadn't seen him in days. Well, actually I hadn't! He rang me up and suddenly he appeared in that old familiar pixellated fashion. But at least he was there.

We shared tidbits and stories. Like he mentioned that 4 different people have asked him if he got married. That was interesting. Today I found myself saying something that surprised even me. Someone at work walked up to my desk and saw a picture of Andy on my screen. He asked, oh is that your husband? And without thinking, I said yes. Then he said really?? And I said, well, he will be. Where did that come from? That's the second time that kind of thing happened. I wonder if it's my subconscious. Maybe I have Turret's.

No comments: