Wednesday, February 24, 2010

impetuous me

This is where Andy and I will soon be. We are taking a ferry to the island of Santorini in May, my favourite month. We have booked a suite in this private hideaway for a month thanks to the advance he just received from Hallmark for signing a huge merchandising deal earlier this week.

When we get there we will check into our room, and immediately make love. The bed and all the sheets will be bright white. The floor clean and hard, covered only by a few small area rugs. There will be fresh flowers in the room--2 gerbera daisies. It's hot there, but not sweltering. The ceiling fan keeps us cool inside.

After we make love, we will walk out through the glass doors onto our balcony overlooking the Aegean Sea. We are still naked. He is still dripping out of me. We stand on the balcony holding hands, kissed by the sun, and basking in God's presence.

I kiss Andy's mouth, his face in my hands. His eyes speak love and I know we've come to the right place. We are hypnotized by the vastness of blue surrounding us. The deep blue sea, the cloudless sky, and the painted domes of the building adorned with crosses. Our eyes both come to rest on the symbols. And then our eyes meet.

Andy faces me and takes my hands in his. The moment is here. This is going to be great.

We're going to Greece, yes. Finally I'm going to Greece with the man I will love forever. The man I will grow old with. No more looking, no more wondering. This is it.

Ahhh, such an indulgence. Keep thinking and feeling like this, and I shall will it into reality.

No comments: